.post-body img { width: 500px!important; height: auto!important; }

Monday, April 7, 2014

Brandon ♥

BRANDON - RED FLAGS
All my life I have been very good at seeing red flags when it comes to people I should associate with. As I started to grow I realized I could see the red flags in everyone, even if I barely knew the person. Red flags aren't such a bad thing, we all have them. I never judge a person because of their red flags. However- these red flags have been a major stepping stone in my life. When it came to picking friends, what college to attend, knowing what jobs better suit my lifestyle, and most importantly; finding my eternal companion. 
When dating a nice guy I would decide whether his red flags would be an 'ok' option in my life. If they weren't I would 'immaturely' stop dating them. 

I've always known I'd marry a very special man, I just never knew it'd be my best friends older brother, my neighbor, and my older brother's friend. I've been acquainted with Brandon almost my whole life! 

I wanted a man that understood me! A man that supported me through all of my crazy dreams and passions in my life (I have so many), a man who could handle my occasional lazy weeks, a man who would love my strange obsession with Spider-Man, a man who didn't care if I never do my hair, a man who actually enjoys my goofy fashion style, a man who shared my goals in life, a man who would stand with me as I struggle. Most importantly a man who I could treat the way I wanted him to treat me. 

Brandon is this, and more. When Brandon FINALLY dared to ask me out I almost said no because we had become such amazing friends, but something inside me kept telling me to say yes (probably the holy ghost, lets be honest... He's pretty smart when it comes to these things). On our first date it was super easy, I felt like I was just hanging out with my really good friend, but more than that... I was getting to know this really good friend on an even more personal basis. Everything we talked about we had a mutual agreement on. At first Brandons 'red flag' was that he was to good to be true! There was no way this guy was a gentleman, friend, AND a romantic connection?! But he was all of those things! After a while of dating him he had 0 red flags in my book. HE was PERFECT. 

Fast Forward. Now we're married and I could not be happier with the man I chose to spend forever with. He is my biggest support, he is my perfect match, he is literally everything to me. 

Here in Utah the culture is totally normal to get married very young. I personally wanted to be 25 (at the youngest) before I got married, and now here I am 21 and a married woman. A lot of women here see marriage at a young age as a MUST. That's so ridiculous! I see some women settle because they JUST WANT TO BE MARRIED. Rather than wanting to be with someone they will spend the rest of their lives, and forever with. Every time I meet a specific type of young woman in the church, I always feel obligated to tell her 'LOOK FOR THE RED FLAGS' because you can tell she thinks marriage is a fairy tale ending. Marriage is difficult. No matter who you are married to! Brandon is the perfect man for me, that does not mean marriage comes easy. 
In no way should a young woman (or man) feel rushed to get married. Just because it 'seems' like everyone around you is tying the knot. Doesn't mean it's true. Take a REAL look around you. I guarantee the majority ISN'T getting married. I'm not saying NEVER get married, I'm saying quit trying to force it! Enjoy your single life. Get to know all kinds of people, accomplish your goals and dreams, travel the world, and get to know who YOU are as an individual. Let marriage come when the timing is right. You will never regret that decision. 
And NEVER settle for less then your 'Brandon' 







No comments:

Post a Comment