.post-body img { width: 500px!important; height: auto!important; }

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Photography ☆

Why taking a break has been one of the BEST things to ever happen to me. 
I love photography with all of my heart. In-fact- when I get back in school I plan on changing my major for a bit to photography. However, I've finally come to the realization that I have a love/hate relationship with photography.

It got to a point where all I wanted was popularity in my photographs, not enough people were asking me to photograph them, no one was liking my page, it seemed like no one even cared I was putting in 8 hours at a time to edit some groups of photos. That's probably the truth. There are SO many photographers and photography pages out there people have a photographer on ever corner. Why should they care much more about mine? It became an obsession I literally couldn't sleep at night because it's all I could think about. Photography started to become a job I DESPISED rather than a hobby I once loved.

I also wasn't happy with how many of my shoots were turning out. Especially weddings, families, and new born's I started getting depressed because so many people were excelling in these subjects and I was stuck. I finally came to the conclusion that I'd stop shooting those subjects. (shooting the occasional weddings, family, and newborn if I felt ok about it.) My favorite subjects to photograph are models, couples and sometimes new borns.

Now I've been officially taking a break from photography for about 3 months, and it has been bliss! I still shoot when I can, and every one I've done I have been happy about. This break has given me and opportunity to get back into the joy of photography and remember why I loved it in the first place. I've been able to focus on other talents I have, that I never knew I had before. I've been able to get my home life under control! Keeping a clean house, and cooking on occasion. I of course can't wait to dive full into photography again someday, but for now I am enjoying life without the stress of it. :) If you need a photographer you can still come to me, but I will turn down the shoot if I don't feel 100% confident in myself, because I think all of my clients deserve a spectacular shoot, with amazing results.










No comments:

Post a Comment