.post-body img { width: 500px!important; height: auto!important; }

Friday, June 27, 2014

Yoga ॐ Why I am so attracted to it.

I have a friend/ acquaintance that does yoga, and her mind set seemed so in tune.

I wanted to try it out not for the 'exercise' but for the mental benefits. I thought I'd HATE yoga because I'm not flexible nor am I patient, but come to find out I thoroughly enjoyed it. I started reading books on yoga and showing up to yoga as much as I could.

I want to practice and live by the minimalist lifestyle, and yoga seemed to romanticize the idea of a minimalist work out. You don't need crazy equipment. You need your mind, and body.

Thinking back to before I started practicing yoga I am embarrassed at how negative my thoughts were on a daily basis. I could only think negatively. Yoga has opened up my mind and spirit, I am now patient with the world around me, and more importantly; I am patient with me.

I am more open to new ideas, and goals.

For example- I have never been outgoing enough to talk to a complete stranger. I set a goal to talk to a new stranger each month. I do still struggle with it, but I have met so many beautiful souls.

I don't want to become a crazy hippy, but I have always believed in love over war, I want to try a more organic approach to life, but at the same time I want to still be me. I do tend to care a lot about materialistic things, and if you practice meditation, yoga,  and the minimalist lifestyle those things aren't supposed to matter, but I honestly believe I can live both lives. I can enjoy my material wants and needs at the same time trying to not want and need as much as I have in the past.

I love the idea in yoga where you don't have to be perfect, you can go at your own pace, and it's all about YOU and YOUR practice. I have a very long ways to go, but I am going at my own pace, and enjoying every step of the way. Life isn't about being perfect. Life is about falling over in warrior 1 and picking yourself back up, re-setting, and moving right back into the flow of things.

Here's to a new life style and trying new things.

xoxo. Natasha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment