.post-body img { width: 500px!important; height: auto!important; }

Friday, January 9, 2015

Beginner Yogi ☾

Lately I cannot help but feel overwhelmingly grateful for Yoga and the importance it is in my life. I remember first starting out and wanting to know how to do all of the cool poses, but after a month or so of Jims class I realized I loved Yoga for the mental aspects. My mind was changing. I was happier, more energetic, apologetic, patient, kind... I was just become a better version of myself!

Recently my life got uber busy with work, family, holidays, cleaning and everything in between. I was uneasy, grouchy, bitter and NOT HAPPY. I needed to take a step back and really dig into my emotions and understand why I was being this way. I thought about it for a quick second before coming to the conclusion that I had not been faithfully practicing Yoga like I had before. Infact, I had not done any sort of yoga for over a MONTH! I know! I could hardly believe it either!

I have picked up my practice and I can tell you already... I am my better me again! It's funny how you'll hear fellow yogis talk about being 'enlightened' and finding your 'true self' I never really understood until going through this mini trial in my life. I have found my true self, and I feel enlightened. Yoga has opened so many mental doors for me. I don't pretend to be perfectly happy, or content ALL the time. I know that's unrealistic. Once you realize these things you can truly be lifted up, and set free from your mental locks.

Right now I am working on opening my Chakras. I am working on my Root Chakra at the moment, and boy- I did not realize how difficult opening just ONE Chakra would be.

For more info on how to open your chakras CLICK HERE, or HERE

Plow pose is my absolute FAVORITE pose HANDS DOWN! This was taken at the beginning of my Yoga journey. My does time fly!
Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment