.post-body img { width: 500px!important; height: auto!important; }

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Modesty + Me

I respect any opposing view to mine (I know there’s a lot of you) so please know I am not trying to get you to agree with my opinion, or persuade you to think the way I do about this heated debate, but I do ask for a mutual respect. 

I will never be the type of woman that changes the way I dress just for a man’s comfort. I believe it’s a man’s responsibility to control his own thoughts, to me it seems men don’t get enough credit, the slime balls shouldn't make us (people) think that all of the male sex cannot control themselves. I do not believe in labels, or generalizing people in any group based on one person’s actions. 

With that said, I know men are wired differently and are ‘visual’ beings, but I do not feel showing my shoulders in a tanktop or my legs in a skirt should cause a man to think of me in any sexual way. 

I also believe there is a fine line between dressing with class, and dressing for wanted sexual attention. I however- would never slut shame, or ask a woman to change the way she dresses for mine or my husband’s comfort. I trust my husband, and we have talked this topic over many times. I am comfortable with the belief that my husband does not have a desire to check out other women besides his wife, and if he happens to check another woman out; I know he is not doing it on purpose or with the intention to hurt me, and that he is a grown man that can change the course of his thoughts. 

When buying my clothes I NEVER set an intention on buying specific styles to cause men to think of me in a sexual way. I buy the clothes I do because I have a passion for the clothing I buy. I don’t look at clothing the way most do. It’s an art form that I love to experience, and experiment with. 

This is just how I view this topic, and always have.  I do not plan on changing the way I feel about this any time soon. You are welcome to comment, but I will not tolerate comments trying to change my lifestyle, or immature mean comments. Just wanted to vent, and let people know exactly where I stand on this topic. Hope you all understand where I am coming from, because I have given it much thought and know this is the right decision for MY life.

I hope you give yourself time and decide what’s right for your own lifestyle, and I would never imagine trying to talk you out of your decision..."I don't dress for men, boys, women or other girls. I dress for me." - T. Momsen

(I know things are different when it comes to having sons. I plan on teaching my sons to respect a woman no matter what she wears on the outside. Because what truly matters is on the inside. I know, probably easier said than done...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment